Primary Chalkboard: Content Integration and Close Reads

Content Integration and Close Reads

Hey y'all! I hope everyone has gotten off to a fab new school year. I have been in school for about 2 months already. But I can't complain because tomorrow starts my first fall break ever! A whole week off after 7 weeks of school. I really hope our calendar for next year keeps this break because kids and adults definitely needed it!

Today I wanted to do a throw back post to one of my own more popular posts about integrating Close Reads and Social Studies. I know there isn't enough time in the day to really set aside time to teach all subjects the way they should be taught, so I decided to pull my literacy standards into my Social Studies time....or my Social Studies standards into my literacy time.....either way works! I hope you are able to snag a few tips from my post that you can read by clicking {here}. Now that I am only teaching middle grades social studies, I find myself pulling in literacy standards left and right. It not only helps reinforce important reading and writing skills, but it also helps out my fellow literacy teachers.

And because it's getting to be my favorite time of year, I just have to say, "Happy Fall, Y'all!"


Heather- 2 Brainy Apples
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:


  1. Thank you for sharing this informative blog with us. Your blog is very useful for us. Are you an aspiring engineer seeking recognition and validation in the competitive Australian job market? Look no further than our comprehensive cdr writing services tailored specifically for engineers like you. we understand the pivotal role that a well-crafted CDR plays in your journey towards achieving recognition by Engineers Australia (EA). Our team of seasoned professionals comprises experienced engineers and skilled technical writers adept at creating compelling CDRs that adhere to EA guidelines and standards.

    ReplyDelete